Thursday, February 26, 2009

Fat Quarter Swap Received

I signed up recently for the fat quarter swap over at Stitches and Scissors, and today a package arrived from my swap partner, the lovely Marilyn. Prior to selecting her fabrics to share, she asked me what colours I would like, and I specified anything in orange, brown, or turquoise. She delivered on all three counts and even dipped into her stash to complement the 2 fat quarters she was sending.


Yay! Beautiful pieces - thanks Marilyn! Can't wait to use them! (although I may just stroke them lovingly for awhile!)
I took an easy route and ordered directly from etsy since Marilyn is in the US - I thought it would be quicker. Marilyn specified she would prefer a surprise, so I sent two fat quarters from Anna Maria Horner's newest collection, which I love! I'm sure Marilyn will make something fabulous.
Swaps are fun. I might be hooked. . .
- Donna


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet patterns/colors. I bet you'll think of something great to use them up.

Marilyn said...

Donna, I'm so happy that you like them!
I LOVE the fat quarters you sent...Anna Maria Horner is one of my favorite fabric designers and this new collection is beautiful. Thanks so much!!! The colors you chose are perfect!
You added to the surprise by ordering from Etsy...when the packet arrived, I didn't recognize the return address and was so surprised to open it and and find it was from you! How fun!
Thanks for a wonderful swap. I'm very glad to meet you and find your blog. I'll continue visiting to see what you're up to:)
Have a great weekend...Marilyn

Margaret said...

Hi Sara,

I received your fabric swap today. I love it. I sent my fabric parcels out on Friday, so you should receive yours soon.
Thanks again and you are right, these swaps are fun and addictive.

Margaret

Anonymous said...

Glad you liked it, Margaret!