Wednesday, February 25, 2009

En Route

I finally managed to get my mobile finished up this evening and just in the nick of time. I was waiting to be able to collect the branches outside, but it wouldn't stop snowing long enough for me to get out there. The latest storm dumped 48cm of snow on us in less than 24 hours. To add salt to the wound, there's talk of another 20cm on the way, but I digress.
The mobile is packaged up and ready to make it's way to a far away land. I hope my partner enjoys this as much as I do mine!~Sara

10 comments:

koala brains said...

The mobile is precious. I like how you used tree branches. Is there a secret to keeping everything in balance especially when each item on the mobile is different in size and weight? Is it just a matter of playing w/ the balance?

Anonymous said...

Thank you, KB. In my experience, it is just a matter of playing with the balance...which can be tricky to put it gently!

Anonymous said...

this mobile is sweet! great idea!

Candace said...

I love this mobile with all my heart! It's so good.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much! I really do hope my partner likes it, too...

Kym said...

Beautiful mobile! I love how it looks both bright and natural at the same time.

Marie {Make and Takes} said...

Okay!! This is so cute. What do you mean about 'doing it all'? You're not to shabby yourself. Your blog is lovely!

Lucykate Crafts... said...

well, it arrived safe and sound the other day, huge excitement as we unwrapped it! i love it, it's adorable. am going to blog about it and how much i love the colour red.

thank you so much for the time and effort you have put into this. my last experience of a swap didn't go so well when i organised a toadstool (coincidence?!) on my blog last year, i sent mine off but got nothing in return. the mobile has surpassed all my expectations, it is simply beautiful.

thank you, x.

Yarni Gras! said...

oh my, I thought the birdies were cute...but SHROOMIES! Those are the BEST! Did you use a pattern?

Anonymous said...

No pattern. I made them from air dry clay and painted the tops.