Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Be Mine


These are my big E's valentines for her class this year. I covered AERO bars with the prettiest scrapbooking paper I could find and tied them up with matching ribbons. I had wanted to try this idea for a while now and thought that they'd be perfect as valentines. I did 20 in all and finished them in 2 evenings. Not that I spent the whole evening doing them each time, just that I stole some time on 2 separate occasions to get them finished! It was probably 2 hours work in total, but it really isn't work when you're dealing with pretties like these, is it?!

6 comments:

Donna said...

These turned out so beautifully. Did Em help?

Anonymous said...

Ummm...no. Is that bad? ;)

koala brains said...

So cute! Will have to keep that in mind for next year. LOL(your exchange w/ Donna) - my daughter didn't help out much and secretly, I was kind of glad so I could make them like I wanted. Is that bad??? Hee hee

Donna said...

I might be the worst mum ...M helped me make the dough, never saw the cookies baked or iced or packaged before I stuck them into her daycare bag with handsewn valentine's she didn't see either, and a note to her daycare provided to distribute. M will get her cookie and valentine tomorrow . .I figured at 2 and a half it's maybe better if she just has one day of sugar and not three (as I know she would have wanted to eat them as soon as she laid eyes on them). My husband said to me as I was hiding them in M's bag . .." you do realize that those handmade goodies are kinda for the parents, right?"

I get it. But on the plus side I had fun and practiced sewing curves. . a challenge for me.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the validation, Koala and Donna! It's not bad at all. I would have loved to have that stuff to bring to school when I was young, so the same must go for our littles! They can help with other things like dishes and vacuuming. ;)

Melissa said...

What a great idea!