Tuesday, May 12, 2009

That 70's Show

I finally finished this one last night. What was I thinking last week when I said I'd have it done the day after I finished the blue one?! This is the other project I started when I was away on the girls sewing weekend. I put the top together there and did the rest at home. Again, I used Denyse Schmidt Katie Jump Rope fabric for the front and some fabric Donna and Holly sent me for the back.
I finally strayed away from free motion quilting and attempted cross hatch instead. Instead of drawing lines on, I used painters tape to guide me and it worked like a charm. I really love it now that it's washed and dried. It feels lighter than a stippled quilt. Don't get me wrong, I still love the stippling! (the picture of the back looks funny, but I swear, it looks fine in real life!)
When I laid it on the bed I thought "That's it! I need to have another baby." So, either I have to stop making quilts, or I'm in big trouble.

~Sara

14 comments:

guess who said...

oh yes baby, baby, baby, baby!!!!!!

Marydon said...

Lovely ... you are so creative.
TTFN ~ Marydon

Me? A Mom? said...

Oh, I love it. Did you use white horizontal strips between the colored block rows? meamom at ymail dot com

Sara said...

"guess who" - you first!

Marydon - you're too kind!

Me? A Mom? - That's exactly right. 5" strips of white between rows. The blocks are 3, 2.5" x 5" strips sewn together. The white pieces between colored blocks are 6" x 5"... if I remember correctly!

Sara said...

Sorry, meant to add that the finished quilt measures 36.5" x 46.5"

Kristy said...

Love love love the colors you used on this quilt. How far apart is your quilting?

The back looks fine, by the way!

Sara said...

Kristy - I think the tape I used is 2" wide. I do like it, but might go bigger next time around.

Donna said...

The orange fabric works so well! Lovely quilt!

I vote baby. Do I get a vote?

guess who said...

lets not get of the subject, she said "baby", hehehe

annie said...

ok, i have to admit the blanket is very nice, its the word baby that got to me..."guess who"

Unknown said...

Love the polka dots!!

Christina said...

What a lovely quilt. If you need a recipiant, I'm having a baby. :)

Tania said...

Sorry, if you're going to keep crafting quilty goodness like that, you're just going to have to do the baby thing!

(oh, and very pleased to have found you - am having a lovely visit over here!)

Amanda Jean said...

it's so wonderful!!! i love the polka dot strip on the back.