Saturday, May 9, 2009

Have you ever gotten that feeling...

Have you ever gotten that feeling when you see something, that you just have to make it? And when you're not home, surrounded by your stash and can't jump right into it, it kind of consumes your thoughts until you can? That's what happened to me with this camera strap. I had seen them around before and thought of making one some day, but yesterday, yesterday was THE day.
The minute I got home, I went straight to my sewing space and didn't come out until I had a finished product. My inspiration can be found over at house on hill road. She makes some fantastic color combinations and her workmanship appears impeccable.


I used 1.5"nylon webbing to give it a bit of form and I quite like it. My intention was to use cotton, but there wasn't any to be had right on the spot. I would also recommend cutting bigger squares of vinyl, stitching them and then trimming down afterward. This saved me a lot of the stress of sewing really close to the edge and keeping the two pieces lined up perfectly perfect.

The hardest part of this was photographing it, so I see more of these in the near future; just as soon as I find the strength to cut in to more of my stash.


~Sara

10 comments:

Marydon said...

No, since I am not crafty ... but I get home & kick myself for not buying a lot of things. My talent is writing checks.

Cute creations ... TTFN ~ Marydon

Kristy said...

Very cool camera strap. How'd you feel when you finished it? Love the blues.

I know what you mean. There are so many things I want to make but without a sewing machine they would take forever. I'm 5 hours into a pair of boxer shorts but content right now =)

annie said...

oh sara that is gorgeous..i seen some in the stores , but they are always so expensive..never saw a home made one..it is positively beautiful...will have to make one when i have time..maybe next year..hehe....great job

Tamara said...

That is too funny - I made one this morning!!!! I took my camera strap apart (that came with the camera) to get the end attachments. I am going to make some for gifts but those ones will be covers to slip over the existing strap.

Donna said...

It's so pretty! I love the colour combinations. Would love to see it on your camera but I guess I'll have to wait until I see you in person for that one . .now THAT would be hard to photograph.

Violet Crafts said...

The camera strap looks gorgeous!

Gayle Bong said...

Cool camera strap. I thought it was a belt at first. A belt I wouldn't use, but the camera strap I could. Need my address?

Sara said...

Thank you, Lovelies!

Lina said...

You did a great job, this is, of course on my very long to do list! One day!

Mark said...

or... guitar strap?