Monday, May 11, 2009

Coaster Swap Update

A big thank you to those who signed up for the Coaster Swap. We have 36 participants!! Not too shabby for our very first one.

Alright, so after a little bit of technical difficulty that sent Donna from the comforts of her home to a coffee shop with internet access, we have all of the partners matched up and emails have been sent. Please get in touch if you've signed up, but haven't received an email.

If you are doing an international swap, please be mindful of the time it will take to send your parcel 'across the pond'! I had sent a swap to Austraila and it ended up taking 2 whole, painful, long months to arrive. There are two things I could have done differently at the time: first, when the lady told me it would take 5-7 days by boat, I should have questioned her! That's physically impossible! I should have sent it by airmail. Secondly, keep the receipt. If you need to trace your package, having the receipt can make it a whole world easier. Also, if a tracking number is provided, it might be a good idea to share it with your partner so they know the parcel is en route.

Beyond that, ENJOY!

~Sara

3 comments:

urban craft said...

Bummer, I always miss the sign ups for the cool swaps. Can't wait to see everyones coasters!

Erin @ Two More Seconds said...

Love your blog! Just found it, too, and I'm bummed that I missed the coaster swap sign ups, too! Next time for sure!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.