There are oodles of great tutorials out there. Take a look at these beautiful ones:
Ellen's cool Crooked Coasters at the long thread:
Or her lovely Pinwheel Quilted Coasters:
Alyson Hill's stylish yet useful Wipe Clean Coasters:
Suzanne at Foofanagle's Simple Patchwork Coasters:
Oooh, and aren't Christina's reverse applique coasters at the Sometimes Crafter fantastic?
(all photos courtesy of the creators whose work is shown. Thanks, gals, for permission to post!)
There are more great tutorials here, and here, or why not cruise around flickr to get inspired? We love these, these, these, and these, but feel free to let your imagination run wild!
So here are the rules to play our little coaster swap game:
1. Email us at kindredcrafters (at) gmail (dot) com before Friday, May 8th with the following info:
- Mailing address (THIS IS AN INTERNATIONAL SWAP! Please be prepared to ship internationally)
- Blog address (not necessary, but fun to share!)
2. Over the weekend of May 9-10, you'll get an email from one of us letting you know the email address of your swap partner (don't forget to check your spam folder!). It'll be up to you to contact the lucky person for some direction on what to make. Perhaps they have a favourite drink and/or treat that you'd like to include in the swap package? Maybe they have a favourite colour or decor style? Feel free to add in a few extras to make the parcel extra special!
3. Create your coasters and get 'em in the mail by Monday, June 1.
4. Wait eagerly for your package.
5. Post a picture to the flickr group once your coasters have arrived. The group can be found at: http://www.flickr.com/groups/kindredcrafterscoasterswap/
6. Now here's where it gets interesting. Post about the swap on your blog to receive an entry into our surprise giveaway. Those who post photos into the flickr group will also get an entry. Let us know you did these things by leaving a comment on this post.
Easy, peasy, and so fun!
We're really looking forward to seeing what all you swappers come up with...
- Sara and Donna
**PS - Please sign up for this post only if you really are interested in sending something out into the world. Keep the good karma rollin' and be sure and send something out. People put a lot of heart into swaps and we want to make sure no one is disappointed.