Sunday, January 17, 2010

Happy First Birthday! Kindred Crafters Turns One

It's our very first blog birthday today! I wish I could let loose on a cake like I did on my real first birthday, but I guess once in a lifetime is enough for an activity like that.

Anyhoo, Donna and I really appreciate you dropping by to check out what we've been up to in our craft spaces. We are having so much fun sharing our projects and experiences. We love hearing from you through comments and email. We love getting to know the people behind the hyperlinks!
We've both decided to send a token of our appreciation out into the blogisphere. That means two of you lovely, loyal readers will be getting a special parcel in your box really soon!


I'll be sending out Little Boy Blue:

And Donna will be sending out a treasure trove of things: some fabric, a quilter's little helper w'nder thimble (pictured below), a "Born to Quilt" bumper sticker she picked up when last at one of her local fabric shops, a lovely Clover seam ripper, and your choice of pattern from The Sometimes Crafter's etsy shop. Her patterns are lovely, and so is she! (Christina, if you win, you'll get something else fab in place!!) ( sorry for the lack of a photo of the entire package, but i can't get my stuff together and want to get this post up - Donna)

We're going on the honor system and trusting that only people who regularly drop in will comment to be entered in the giveaway. If you've landed here for the first time, we're so very happy to have you! Please make yourself right at home here at Kindred Crafters and come back again soon.
Edited to add: winners will be announced this Wednesday, January 20th.
- Donna & Sara

31 comments:

Sarah G said...

Well happy birthday!! I have loved following your blog in my reader for the past few months. Keep it up :)

Tong said...

happy first blog birthday!! here's to many many more great and inspiring years to come!! i found your lovely blog back in september 2009, just when i started learning how to sew, and both of you had been such great inspirations to me (a fellow canadian =P). thank you for sharing your crafty lives!!

Tanya said...

I have also been enjoying reading your blog in my google reader, Thanks! A very happy 1st birthday to you and thanks for the giveaway- lovely things!
Tanya

tracy said...

I've been a follower for a while - my sister and I share a blog, so its fun to see how others do the same. Congratulations and thanks for your incredible generosity!

Leslie said...

congratulations!!! happy first birthday! i have been a follower here for a while and love it always. it is so special for you to be sharing such amazing things. good luck to all.

Ellen Ban said...

Congratulations on your One year milestone! I've been enjoying reading your blog for many months!
Keep up the good work.

debra lynn said...

Congrats! I love reading your blog in my googlereader and Christinas as well. The quilt is super cute--but all of yours are. Thanks for the continued inspiration.

Christy Amular said...

Happy happy 1st birthday Kindred Crafters! All the best. xx

craftydill said...

Happy 1st Birthday!! I love reading about your endeavors and am thankful for the inspiration!

Isa said...

Happy 1'st birthday, I hope you'll have many more :-)
I've really enjoyed following your blog, and getting to know you both!

JoyLeanne said...

Congrats! I love your blog. I've been following for a while and check back daily!

Casey said...

Happy Blog Birthday!! I love visiting your blog :)

C. Jaeger said...

How special that you have a crafting buddy! Thanks for sharing your creative pursuits through your blog!

Kelly O. said...

I just love reading your blog! happy blogiversary!

Michele T said...

I just discovered your blog and I will definitely be checking you out on a regular basis... the "anyhoo" caught my eye - we are a kindred souls - it is something I write all the time!

Vals Quilting said...

Happy First Birthday...how exciting. I think you should celebrate by a piece of cake or something fun. My DH says people ought to get rewards for jobs well done so here's to you gals for a great job!! (insert glasses clinking here lol)
I am a regular but haven't been for too long (few months maybe) so you can decide if I count or not in your draw.
Thanks so much for all of your wonderful content!
Valerie
http://www.pastimesonline.ca/vals-quilting/

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Kindred crafters!

Holly U said...

Happy first birthday! And many more...

~Michelle~ said...

Time flies when you're having fun, huh girls? Congrats on 1 year :-D

Sardana said...

Happy first birthday! Hopefully there are many more years :)

Capital Mom said...

Congrats on the anniversary! It is something to be celebrated.

Beth said...

Congratulations!

Dee said...

Many, many happy returns of the day and may your next birthday be just as grand and have been a year full of happiness, creativity and friendship.

A loyal reader and avid admirer!
mayhem5@softhome.net
http://thequiltingdee.blogspot.com/

ps...would love to win something you've made! lol

Jessica said...

Congratulations on the blogiversary! Great giveaway--thanks!

wishes, true and kind said...

Congratulations on your first birthday! Keep up the good work -- your blog is fabulous!

Christina said...

Happy first blog birthday! You are both quite inspiring. Thank you for sharing with all of us out here in blogland. :)

Little Bluebell (Adrianne) said...

Happy birthday to yous... happy birthday to yous

Congratulations ladies. I come here often after seeing one of your quilts on Flickr. I'm a new quilter myself and I love quilt, fabric and sewing talk.

Nicolemiko said...

Happy Blog birthday. I have subscribed tp your blog from the beginning. I forgot who pointed me in your direction. I can't believe it's already been a year! Congratulations! I still have to make those BlackApple dolls that you first posted on...they're so cute.

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

happy birthday!! doesn't it seem like it all just started yesterday?

Donna/Sara from Kindred Crafters said...

Comments are now closed! Thank you for your sweet wishes!

Lina said...

Happy belated birthday ladies! (I'm always late to the party!)

Lina x