Monday, March 16, 2009

Do not disturb

My Big E asked if she could start a quilt of her own over the weekend when she saw me working on yet another. Be still my heart! I dropped what I was doing and dug in to my stash to find her what she needed to get started. Far be it from me to discourage her by making her wait.

When I picked her up at school today the first thing she said was "I can't wait to get my homework done so I can work on my sewing!" Then she pulled the doorhanger out of her backpack and promptly put it in it's place. It's these moments I live for.


The one challenge is coordinating our time on the machine! Maybe it's time to pass this one down to her and get myself a new one!!

~Sara

4 comments:

Donna said...

Here, here. I love this. How old were you when you started sewing, Sara?

Donna said...

hey - is that the shirt I embellished for big E?

Melissa said...

You must be so proud!

Anonymous said...

D - that's the shirt! Still going strong.
I think I was about her age give or take a year.

Melissa - I'm happy she likes this kind of thing and can carry it to the next generation. I'm a tough teacher though. I run a tight ship!