When I had the idea to make a quilt for my mom and stepdad (what else was I going to make them, really?!) I knew I wanted to use Daisy Chain in this colorway. They just repainted their house and these colors fit in well with their decor (I hope!).
I've had the fabric for a while now, but was struggling with what pattern to use. My mind went through a good many patterns before I got frustrated and just started ripping the fabric and sewing strips together. And so it became what you see here, the "Making it Work" quilt. Once I had the strips, I just made it work from there!
My intention was to make a checker board with white blocks between the blocks of strips, but it looked too bland with just the white, so I cut up the white blocks and framed up some Robin's Egg and Stone Kona solids.
The binding is pieced with each of the five Daisy Chain fabrics in the blocks and is sewn on entirely by machine. I'm pushing two weeks late on this one, so some sacrifices had to be made! I am quite pleased with how it turned out. My picnic quilt also has a machine sewn binding, but it's lacking a bit since I didn't figure out to sew the 2nd time around on the front until this quilt! Much neater this way!
Throughout the process, I was never 100% sold on this quilt, but I've never met a quilt fresh out of the dryer that I didn't fall in love with.