Monday, June 20, 2011

Double Rainbow..it's so intense.

On Thursday night I finished my quilt top with the bee blocks put together by the all-Canadian Sew Modern Bee. So many steps left, but I had to share the completed top. I love the bright array of fabrics, and am pleased with how it has come together. Just the thing, I think, to send with my niece when she leaves home to start college.





I'm a little embarrassed to admit that this quilt top's name was 100% inspired by this youtube smash. My niece and I almost, er, peed our pants watching this while she was visiting and honestly, if you haven't seen it yet, please don't watch with a full bladder.


On to the back....


Will be nice to finish a quilt -- I think this will be my first one of the year!

- Donna

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love it! What a great going-to-college gift.

And don't be embarrassed... as soon as I saw your post title I thought to myself "double rainbow all the way!". That video is one of my all time favorites!

Jennifer :)

Sara said...

Such an excellent choice for a bee quilt! Love how it's coming together! Have you decided on how you'll quilt it?

When I drove to pick up my new car, there was a double rainbow all the way across the sky and I couldn't stop laughing and singing that song to myself!! Hilarious!!

Holly said...

WHOA! THAT'S SO INTENSE! IT'S SO VIVID! WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN??!!

I do love a quilt with a good story to it! It's beautiful Donna!

Leslie said...

this is amazing and gorgeous!!!

Kathy said...

I love this!! Can you please post a picture with a close up? Is this ticker-tape with raw edges? Or point me to a link detailing this swap? I just love it!! Thanks!